Monday 9 March 2009

My involvement in ministry

My Involvements in Christian Ministry


I was converted in December 1983 and baptized to Boamang Baptist Church the first indigenous church in Ghana, March 1984. As an active member of the church, I was ordained as one of the first Deacons in the church in 1989 for the first time of the history of the church since 1954, and was I then asked to be in charged of the Evangelism and mission ministry of the church from 1989 -1990. From1990-1992, I was elected as church leader to serve the church when the pastor –Rev. A.K. Ankrah resigned. It was during this period that I felt the call into full time ministry. I therefore enroll at the Ghana Baptist Theological Seminary then Ghana Baptist Seminary from 1992-1995, where I graduated with Certificate in Theology. I took me supervisory work under Rev. Mark Nti one of our senior ministers in St. James Baptist Church-Kumasi for my three years in the Seminary.

After my graduation, I was called to serve as a minister in charge of Evangelism, mission and discipleship at Antioch Baptist Church from July 1995-1997. During the period I led the church to plant a church which I develop leaders to take over from me.

I responded to a call to serve Saviour Baptist Church-Fumesua in April 1997, where I am serving to date. I met about 40 members in the church, and they were meeting at classroom for worship and other meeting. With prayer and much effort we increased from 40 to 250 which the active Sunday attendance is 150 to 200. After serving the church for one year I was recommended by the church to be ordained and so therefore I was ordain in 1st August 1998 and was gazette the same by the Government of Ghana

I am able to build a church auditorium and mission house with one time help from some friends in USA who visited us in 1999 for children ministry and true love wait. I have also led the church to plan two churches and developed leaders for those churches. I am involved in preaching, teaching, discipleship development, counseling, and evangelism among other duties. One of the most wonderful situations that keep on going is the helping hands of the Almighty God. I was informed by the church leaders the financial position of the church but because the Good Lord wants me to serve the and bring His people that has been bought by price together, I did not depending on the monthly salary so much so I started with one hundred thousand cedis which about is $11.00 They increased to two hundred thousand cedis which was about $22.00 the following year. As at the time I am writing, my monthly salary is four hundred thousand cedis which about $43.00. I have a wife with four kids and adopted 3 from her family. I am the tenth born of my parent both deceased.

I also served as a chairman of the welfare and social for the Kumasi South Baptist Association from 1998-2001 involving 72 churches. Which most of them are in the rural communities, my duties were to teaching the leaders and congregation in developing their potentials and see to the needs and the welfare of the ministers in the rural communities. I elected to serve the Association as Chairman in January 2001 I had an opportunity to study community development at the Asian Rural Institute in Japan the same year so I handed over to my vice Chairman while I have served for three months.

I was also served the Kumasi Area Baptist Minister Fellowship, a Fellowship of about 100 ministers of the Ghana Baptist Convention as Treasurer and I served the fellowship in that capacity from 1998-2001. I was a member of the constitutional committee and Ethics Committee of the Fellowship. During my time I introduced a membership and dues card and since they are using them with modification.

I had an honorary responsibility as Director of Special Duties at the office of the General Secretary-Rev. Frank Adams of the Ghana Baptist Convention till he resigned to join the All Africa Baptist Fellowship. During this period I was able to introduce special tags for the delegates at Ghana Baptist Convention’s Annual Sessions which they are since using them at Annual Session and adopted by the Minister Conference

I had opportunity to study Community Development at Asia Rural Community in Japan and Philippines from March 2001- March 2002. I have been involved in social ministry after my returned from Asia. I have begun training and also serve as consultant to the youth and pastors in our churches and to the member of the communities I served.

I was called by Rev. Dr. Frank Adams to serve as supporting staff in part-time basis at his office (All Africa Baptist Fellowship) as his part-time Administrative Secretary till the office recruited a full-time Administrative Secretary and I was asked to serve as a project and Administrative Coordinator under the Peace and Development desk at for All Africa Baptist fellowship since 2002 up to date.

Since 2005 to 2006 I worked with an International NGO called “His Nets” based in USA in conjunction with personnel from Ghana Healthy Service distributing free Treated Mosquito Nets to pregnant women, children under five years and sickle cell patients.

In 2005 June we distributed 1800 Net to 3 Districts where Malaria prevalent rate are very high. We also donated some to Hospitals for children’s wards. The year 2006 June ,we distributed 2600 Net to 4 Districts, 7 orphanages, 4 Churches, 3 Hospitals included a Muslim hospital. Last year I did a follow-up assessment and the results was positive. Malaria in those places has drastically reduced. This is a summary of my involvement in the Christian ministry since my conversion. continue 10/3/09

No comments: